Liaise with Funeral Director
- Source costs for a traditional cremation or burial.
- Provide alternative choices, including woodland burials and environmentally-friendly coffins.
- Select your funeral requirements in the comfort of your own home.
- Relay your wishes for specific arrangements / requirements.
- Make arrangements for the Chapel of Rest and viewing appointments for friends and family.
- Many people want an individual, personal memorial service or celebration for their loved one. We can provide support with your choice of service, whether it’s a religious, non-religious or humanist.
- We can liaise with the church and convey your requirements for the service. To include organist, choir and flowers etc.
- Alternatively, we can make arrangements with a crematorium, purchase name plates and arrange inclusion in the book of remembrance. If required, coordinate collection of ashes and assist with the internment arrangements as requested. (Unless remains are to be disposed of in the Garden of Remembrance.)
Order of Service
- Design, compile and print your order of service, including photos of your loved-one. Assist with your selection of favourite hymns, readings, poems and eulogy.
- Select your floral tributes in the privacy and comfort of your own home. We will provide a floral brochure for you to browse or we can coordinate something bespoke that is personal to you and your loved-one
Communicating with Family and Friends
- Contact family and friends via email or post, with the sad news of the departed.
- We can communicate to family and friends the arrangements for the funeral and wake including maps and directions floral or charity donation requests.
- Coordinate “Thank you” cards to guests who attended the Celebration of Life.
- Source and book your preferred venue for after the service a church or community hall, hotel, home or other venue
- Source a suitable catering supplier and arrange your choice of refreshments and catering for guests
- Photos of flower tributes and card messages,
- Create a slide show or photo memory board to celebrate the life of your loved one
- Compile a Book of Remembrance
- Assistance can be offered to liaise with the hospital, nursing home and local authorities regarding the necessary paperwork in order to proceed with the death registration.
- Organise notice in the local papers
- Further assistance would be available to notify and liaise with banks, local utility services – Water, Gas, Electricity & Phone suppliers etc.
- Liaise with a local Stone Mason to organise a head stone with a message of remembrance
- Put together a keep sake box
Residential or nursing home room clearance
There is great demand for beds in long-term care establishments and hospice so when a client or patient vacates the residence, it is often necessary to clear rooms quickly. Should the next of kin or a member of the family are unable to this, we can arrange for the timely removal of their personal items and hold these for short term safe keeping until arrangements can be made for their distribution, collection or disposal.